*T•[REC] Recommends*

Sooo, this is Weezy F. Baby's new sound? Kanye doesn't look so crazy now, does he? This track was announced to "debut on the Internet right after a live stream of his concert in San Diego on January 27," (MTV) but I guess the leakers couldn't wait that long... 'Prom Queen' is the first single off Wayne's seventh studio album, which was initially supposed to be the re-release of his triple-platinum selling album, dubbed Tha Carter III: The Rebirth. Plans have changed and only the Rebirth stuck around as final title for his upcoming, all-rock, all-Auto-Tune album, set to be released on April 7th.

From my part, I am totally down with whatever Wayne seems to be trying to create, if only because I have the utmost respect for artists that aren't afraid of reinventing themselves and experimenting with new sounds. I was the only one that I know who bought 808s & Heartbreak, and I loved every single track. I just think that it will be MUCH harder for Wayne to sell his new rock sound than it was for Kanye to sell his new R&B sound. I haven't even looked or asked around and I already hear 90% of the blogger fans of so-called 'real hip-hop' (whatever that may be) hating on Weezy, so he really needs to make sure that his new album spawns at least two or three successful singles à la 'Love Lockdown' or 'Heartless'.

And to the haters, I say this: As much I understand how hard it must be for you to think outside the box, know that at this point, Lil Wayne (obviously) doesn't give a shit about anything that you might think. I mean, just listen to the track, he really isn't even considering his hardcore hip-hop fan base with this new direction.

What do YOU think of 'Prom Queen'?


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

bah on peut s'entendre pour dire que c'est pas la meilleure chanson du monde... même si elle n'est pas mauvaise.

il a la chance de pouvoir faire ce qu'il veut maintenant.. tant mieux pour lui..